CCRM Makes Concrete Parking Easy
With real environmental benefits, more curb appeal and the lowest 5-10 year costs, concrete parking is like money in the bank…
BENEFITS OF CONCRETE PARKING
By choosing a concrete parking area, you are selecting a more durable paving material that will require much less maintenance over the course of its lifetime—a considerably longer life than alternative pavements. Through its strength, durability, custom appearance, green benefits, ease of construction and return on investment, concrete parking lots and pavements are the best choice for optimal value.
Concrete parking areas offer superior performance when compared to pavement alternatives. Incorporating straightforward design and ease of construction, concrete parking is also the economical choice for the long term, because of its strength, durability and minimal maintenance requirements.
• Strong and Durable – No other paving material approaches concrete’s strength and durability in standing up to heavy usage and truck traffic. • Competitive Initial Cost – Without expensive bases and reinforcement, and with integral curbs and gutters, projects can be completed in one pass, more quickly than the alternatives
• Most Economical Over Long Term – Concrete pavement lasts longer, without the need for resurfacing, patching or surface sealing. • Enhanced Safety – Concrete’s reflective surface means brighter and safer surroundings for pedestrians and drivers at a lower lighting cost.
• Environmentally Friendly – Concrete is produced from abundant natural resources, reduces toxic run-off and can be easily recycled. It is also cooler in the summer which provides outdoor comfort while reducing the “heat island” effect.
• Upscale Appearance – Concrete’s clean look creates a good first impression and lasting sense of quality for customers, tenants and employees.
• Versatility – Concrete can be fashioned with an array of decorative textures, shapes, patterns and colors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get Free ACI 330 design help?
We participate in a Design Assistance Program (DAP) provided by the NRMCA and this covers all or most of the design costs. All we need are the current CAD drawings and a few pieces of project information. Call 508-255-4600, or email [email protected] for more details.
What appearance/finish options are there?
Concrete surfaces can be placed with an array of textures, shapes, patterns and colors. Virtually any style or finish you can dream of is possible. Contact CCRM for guidance on decorative concrete options and specification assistance.
How can I keep my surface clean?
The better protected the surface, the easier it is to clean and maintain. CCRM highly recommends the use of a quality surface sealer.
How do I protect against freeze/thaw conditions?
ACI 330.1-03, Specification for Unreinforced Concrete Parking Lots, recommends ACI air entrainment and 4,000 psi concrete in our climate. This, coupled with quality placement per ACI 330.1-03 specifications and a quality sealer, will increase your concrete’s resistance to external forces.
How can I be sure I will get a quality end product?
If followed, ACI 330.1-03, Specification for Unreinforced Concrete Parking Lots recommends ACI certified finishers with ACI testing of the concrete. For the subgrade, it recommends density testing per AST D698 or D1557.